Saturday, August 3, 2013

Featured Author: London Casey

London Casey is here today to talk about her new adult romance trilogy, The Boys of DownCrash, with book 1: The Stronger, Safer Kind, book 2: Torn to Pieces, and book 3:  Some Kind of Hell. Read on to find out about London and her trilogy.



About the book:

The Stronger, Safer Kind

(The Boys of DownCrash #1)



All Scarlett wanted to do was thank the sexy stranger who helped her push away a drunk, grabby college boy at a bar. When that stranger identifies himself as Tripp and then takes the stage as the lead singer and guitarist for rock band, DownCrash, everything in Scarlett's life begins to change.



Her best friend, Andy, confesses his love for her and leaves her with what should be an easy decision to make... yet each time she looks in Andy's eyes, she can't help but face her secret, nightmarish past.



The only thing that makes Scarlett feel better is Tripp... but Tripp isn't just a bad boy rockstar, he's hurt. He's in pain. He tries to hide his pain in a bottle, but Scarlett believes that, perhaps, their secrets can help each other.



Friendship and love is suddenly put to the test, and Scarlett is torn... Will she choose an easy, comfortable, happy life or a life clouded with mixed signals, raw emotion, and intense romance?

Interview with London Casey

How did you come up with the title The Stronger, Safer Kind?

I asked myself what the answer would be for both Tripp and Scarlett asking each other what they wanted…it just came to me.

Do you have another job outside of writing?

I am lucky enough to be a writing full-time.

How did you create the plot for this book?

I want two very emotional people to have two very dark secret pasts and make them collide. Scarlett is hidden but open, and Tripp is just plain hidden…his only sign of being worse off is when he’s drinking. I wanted them two to collide over and over until they start to understand each other and slowly find a way to help and heal each other through truth.

How do you get to know your characters?


I put myself in their shoes…which wasn’t hard. A lot of the subject matter in the book – and The Boys of DownCrash series – is stuff I’ve personally been through.

Which character did you most enjoy writing?

I love Scarlett. A lot of readers weren’t fans towards the middle and end…but she’s honest and she’s deep. I get her. lol

Are you like any of your characters?

Well, I guess I’m like them all. I’ve been there and experienced it all before. A little piece of myself is in each character in each book. Even Andy.

Tell us about your favorite scene in the book.

I love when Tripp and Scarlett get out of town and go to the edge of the lake and sleep in Tripp’s car. There’s such a sense of freedom and innocence but then it turns really *hot*…

How long is your to-be-read pile?

About 10 books. Until I go shopping this weekend!


Do you have a routine for writing?

I get up and write. That’s about it. I write until I need a break, then I stop. I usually write in heavy hour sessions… at least two four-hour sessions a day.

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?

I write when I can, and I love to write in my office. It’s all me and the world doesn’t matter in there. Just the world I’m creating.

If you could only keep one book, what would it be?

The Giving Tree. Greatest story ever.

Your last meal would be…


Pizza. I’m simple. Yum.

Would you rather work in a library or a bookstore?

I’d work part-time in both! I’d love to read the old stuff, and I’d love to open the boxes to the new books and smell the pages… then read them.

You’re given the day off, and you can do anything but write. What would you do?


I would walk until I couldn’t anymore. Then I’d sneak and write - lol

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?


I love to read. Watch movies – new and old. I love trying new foods and new adventures in life.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Somewhere in the woods in a cabin…Maine? Sure. All the way across to Seattle in a wet little town? Yup. A mix of both? PERFECT.

What are you working on now?

I have a new trilogy coming out late summer. The first book is titled The Upside of Being Let Down. It’s really, REALLY good stuff.

Can't wait to hear about it! Please come back when it's ready to launch.

London's other books in the trilogy:

Torn to Pieces
(The Boys of DownCrash #2)

Trying to forget about the promises she was forced to make as a young, naive eighteen year old, Maggie creates a false persona that paints her as the girl who never says no...

However, once she lays eyes on the drummer of DownCrash, everything clicks. From his sexy lip ring to the way he stares at her from the stage, Tatum becomes everything Maggie has ever fantasized about.

When trouble catches up to her in a parking garage after a DownCrash show, and Tatum shows up out of nowhere to protect her. For the first time in years, she is intimidated by a man's kindness and sexiness, and not by his temper and jealousy. As real feelings begin to grow Maggie is faced with her past and wonders if she'll ever be able to escape the promises she once made to keep the promises she wants to make right now.


***The final book in The Boys of DownCrash trilogy!***


Some Kind of Hell (The Boys of DownCrash #3)

In the trilogy finale, shy DownCrash bassist, Logan, has his sexy eyes on Maggie's best friend, Annie. But Annie is still reeling from the way her relationship ended. She's hurt, angry, jealous, and the last thing she wants is some wannabe rockstar looking for his next hookup... although it may just be what she needs.

Logan wants more for his life. The past is living in his apartment, which forces him to spend nights in his car to avoid reliving the nightmare over and over again.

When Annie's guard comes down, tragedy strikes and their lives will be changed forever. Determined to win Annie over and help DownCrash get signed to a record deal, Logan has his work cut out for him. His gorgeous body and no-bullshit personality may just be the key to both...


Sign up for London's mailing list here: eepurl.com/ANeUv

Connect with London:

Website | Blog | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter |

Buy the books:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks to spammers, these comments must be moderated. If you're legit, your comment will show up once we've seen it!