Monday, January 21, 2013

Liebster Award


The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  The purpose is to get to know them, since we think they deserve it. The word "Liebster" is German and means favorite. I am honored to have been nominated for the "favorite blog award" three times recently, by K.K. Cook (The Kooky Bookworm), Leti Del Mar (Words With Leti Del Mar), and Carmen Stefanescu (Shadows of the Past). I would absolutely nominate all three ladies for the Liebster Award, but since they beat me to it, I'll nominate eleven others. 

In order to accept and participate there are some steps:

1.    Tell 11 things about yourself.
2.    Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
3.    Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4.    Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
5.    Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated
       them.

So...here we go...

11 
Things About Me:

1.    I collect snowmen, Santas, hearts, and books.
2.    I have two sons, one daughter-in-law, one dog, two granddogs, and two grandcats.
3.    I love trees.
4.    I am addicted to Pinterest.
5.    I would be lost without my iPhone and laptop.
6.    When I was a child, I wanted to be an artist, but I suck at art.
7.    I’m mathematically illiterate.
8.    My most prized possessions are my gazillion photographs of my sons.
9.    I have fibromyalgia.
10.   My biggest phobia is public speaking.
11.    If I were independently wealthy, I would travel, read books, and employ a full-time
       masseuse.


11 questions:

(Disclaimer: Since I was nominated by three ladies, instead of boring everyone and answering 33 questions, I'm answering some from each of them. I hope that isn't cheating.)

1.    What is the funniest book you've ever read?
       
Stupid And Contagious, by Caprice Crane.

2.    What was the best childhood book you read as a kid?
       From The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, by E.L.
       Konigsburg.

3.    Who taught you to love books? 

       Charles Hazelrigg, my college English Lit professor.

4.    Which book are you waiting in agony for this year?
      
 The Unexpected List, by Chrissy Anderson.

5.    Favorite movie/TV show based on a book(s)?

       It’s a tie for Pride & Prejudice or Princess Bride.

6.    How did you come up with the name of your blog?
       I love southern sayings, and one of my favorites is “a blue
       million,” meaning a lot of something. I also love books, so
       what could be better than a blue million books?

7.    Who’s your favorite author?
       Robert B. Parker (famous) Dennis Hart (Indie).

8.    If you could swap the place with a famous author who would this be?

       Nora Roberts. I’m in awe of her ability to write so many books with so many
       different characters.

9.    If you are a writer, too, which do you prefer best: writing on the blog or writing
       your book?

       
Definitely writing a book. I can be more creative, and I can talk to my imaginary
       friends.

10.   How do you feel when rejecting a review request from an author who asks you
       nicely?

       
I started my blog intending to do reviews, but I quickly realized I just didn’t
       have the time for it. So when someone requests a review, I feel really bad about
       saying no. As an author, I know how important reviews are, and I hate to turn down
       other writers.

11.   Why did you get into blogging?

       I started my blog with the intention of helping other authors promote their work
       and introducing books to readers.

The blogs I'm nominating:

1.    Tricia at Authors To Watch
2.    Ms. Doran at Broad-minded Books
3.    Cynthia at The Writing Whisperer
4.    Brandi at Twisting Your Mind One Word At A Time
5.    Joss at Joss Landry's Blog
6.    Jennifer at The Relentless Reader
7.    Glenda at Book Reader's Heaven
8.    Mystery Thrillers and Romantic Suspense Reviews
9.    John Pretty Sinister
10.   Simone at Better Read Than Dead
11.   As The Crow Flies (And Reads!)

11 Questions for the blogs I'm nominating:

1.    Why did you start blogging?
2.    What is your favorite genre to read?
3.    What fictional character do you most wish were real?
4.    Describe your dream office for writing.
5.    Name one thing you couldn’t live without.
6.    If you could only keep one book, what would it be?
7.    If you could magically transport yourself into any book, which one would you choose,
       and what character would you be?
8.    Do you have any phobias?
9.    What is your biggest pet peeve?
10.   Describe yourself in five words.
11.   Who is your favorite well-known author and your favorite rising star author?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks to spammers, these comments must be moderated. If you're legit, your comment will show up once we've seen it!